WFAA requires all individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
Want to work in an exciting space on campus? Apply to be a part of the Alumni Relations & Engagement team at the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)! We are looking for four (4) dynamic Visitor Engagement and Operations Associates that will help visitors discover Alumni Park/One Alumni Place and give walking tours, staff special events on-site and off-site, and support alumni engagement programs, WAA daily operations, and special projects. This position works in close partnership with Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association staff, the Wisconsin Union, and Campus and Visitor Relations staff.
Schedule: Shifts vary within 2-8 hours, 10-15 hours per week typically between 8am-5pm, but as needed for events until 10pm. A minimum of 8 hours of availability per week between 8a-5p Monday-Friday is required.
Pay: $15.00 / hour
· Lead point for day-to-day visitor services at the Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) Alumni Center, the WAA visitor and event center (One Alumni Place), and Alumni Park.
· Field questions about the Wisconsin Alumni Association and its programs, Alumni Park, and campus. Handle elevated questions/concerns from visitors.
· Support and lead tours of Alumni Park and its exhibits.
· Provide excellent customer service for activities and events, tactfully and courteously work with patrons, explain and enforce policies and procedures, and monitor use of facilities.
Program and Operations Support
· Support alumni engagement programs, including staffing registration/check-in for events, project work, database entry, material preparation/assembly, and responding to guest phone calls/emails.
· Support WAA daily operational and administrative needs, including cleaning meeting rooms, restocking supplies, covering the front reception desk, and other support tasks.
· Responsible for opening, closing, and operating the visitor center during open hours and for events.
· Accountable for transferring of communications and operational needs between staff shifts.
· Responsible for resolving facility/operations issues in collaboration with full-time staff.
· Participate in meetings and trainings
· Event set-up and support for on-site and off-site WAA events: e.g. talks, panels, receptions, meetings and drop-in activities.
· Basic audio-visual set up and support for events in One Alumni Place.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.